Canister vacuums work perfectly for carpeting and bare floors. Not only that, but they are also equally good for above-the-floor areas like window blinds. These vacs often come with a lot of useful attachments and tools like bare floor brush. This tool effectively cleans hard floors, low-pile carpets, and area rugs. Therefore, as compared to upright vacs, these machines are more versatile, flexible and easy to carry. There are some of the best bagless canister vacuums out there. Unlike bagged vacuums, bagless vacs tend to be more eco-friendly, cost-efficient. What’s more, you don’t have to spend extra bucks on replacement bags. You can see the transparent dustbin when it becomes full and then empty out its contents easily.
Our Top 5 Picks For The Best Bagless Canister Vacuums For Carpets, Pet Hair and Hard Floors
Eureka Bagless and Lightweight Canister Vacuum Cleaner
This Lightweight and versatile vacuum delivers a whirlwind canister that can do a deep cleaning on various surfaces. It weighs less than eight pounds, making it more convenient to carry around the house or climbing up and down the stairs. The swivel steering technology enables the machine to easily maneuver beneath the furniture, appliances, and hard-to-reach spaces. Its 3-liter dust container is large enough to minimize emptying gaps between cleaning tasks. Additionally, it delivers an easy-to-empty dust cup that releases its contents with just a push of a button. The integrated airflow control on the handle allows you to adjust the suction strength with just a simple tap of your finger. Moreover, this device offers three cleaning mode settings – carpet, upholstery, and hard floors. The 2-in-1 crevice tool and dusting brush allow you to thoroughly clean tight spaces, such as corners, narrow gaps, and crevices.
Severin Germany Bagless Canister Vacuum
This German-engineered machine is durable and long-lasting. Its Multi-Cyclone technology includes a powerful suction performance making it ideal for hard floors and carpets. It comes with a German Noise Reduction technology that defuses loud noise coming from the motor when it is in use. The multi-filtration system and the HEPA filter work together to capture and trap 99.95% of dirt and other particulate matter that may cause allergy. This machine delivers a transparent dust container, allowing you to see through the bin to know when it becomes full and needs emptying.
Additionally, the easy-emptying dust bin automatically releases all the contents inside the cup with just one touch of a button. The 5.9-foot hose length enables you to efficiently clean floor-to-ceiling surfaces. The 35-inch long, easy-to-touch telescopic tube extends your reach, especially in cleaning tight and narrow spaces. On top of that, it is cost-efficient since it does not require replacement bags.
Ovente Bagless Canister Vacuum with HEPA Filter, Pet/Sofa Brush, and Retractable Cord
This state-of-the-art vacuum cleaner comes with a cyclonic technology capable of separating dust and dirt from the airflow to provide a superior nonstop suction power. The multi-level filtration and the HEPA filter work together to capture and trap 99.97% of dust, pollens, and other airborne particles that may cause allergy. Its adjustable telescopic wand extends your reach. It allows you to clean the above-ground level as well as tight and narrow spaces easily. Besides, it includes a transparent dirt container that enables you to see if the bin is already full and needs emptying. Another notable feature is the push buttons on the handle of the machine. It delivers an on and off button and the cord-rewind switch for more convenient and comfortable cleaning performance. The 15.7-foot power cord length gives you the freedom to move around or clean a low-flight of stairs easily. On top of that, this model delivers a variety of cleaning tools and accessories for precise and efficient cleaning performance.
Bissell Hard Floor Expert Bagless Canister Vacuum
This hard floor canister vac is specially designed to remove stubborn pet hair, dirt, and other debris. It does not damage the surface of your hard floor. The multi-cyclonic technology separates dust and debris from the airflow to improve suction strength and power. The hard floor turbine foot can remove stubborn dirt and debris, but it is also delicate on your floor. Its 11-inch width cleaning path makes your cleaning task faster. The 18-foot power cord length allows you to move around with lesser trips to the mainline for plugging and unplugging. What’s more, the seven inches of hose length extends your reach to efficiently clean above-ground surfaces or areas beneath the furniture and appliances. Lastly, this model delivers a large dust bin capacity that can hold 67.6 ounces of dust and dirt. The transparent dust bin is clear enough for you to see when it needs emptying.
Bissell Zing Canister Vacuum
When it comes to an affordable and reliable canister vacuum, this model is one of the best in the market today. Being compact and lightweight, which makes it easy to carry around or even climbing up the stairs. The cyclonic technology offers an enhanced and superior suction power to provide a thorough and efficient cleaning performance. Also, it includes a large dust cup capacity that can hold up to 2 liters, thereby minimizing your trips to the trashcan. It comes with a multi-filter system to capture fine dust, pollens, fine hairs, and other airborne particles. The filters are washable and reusable. As a result, it is more economical and cost-efficient. The 15-foot power cord length gives you the freedom to move around with fewer trips to the mainline. Moreover, this device provides a cord retracting system that automatically retracts the cord with just one push of a button.
Bagged vs Bagless
Basically, there are many types of vacuum cleaners, but there are only two main categories – the bagged and the bagless. Both of these vacuum cleaners are similar when it comes to suction power and cleaning performance. These kinds of vacuums come with various cleaning tools and accessories for thorough and efficient cleaning. Despite their similarities, these machines differ in their dirt disposal methods. Whether you choose a bagged or a bagless vacuum, each of them has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
- A bagged vacuum cleaner is hygienic since it is tightly sealed. In this way, the allergens and other particulate matter could not escape into the air.
- You can remove the bag without getting your hands messy, and most of all, you don’t have to clean and replace the filter often.
- It is ideal for people suffering from asthma or allergy since it provides a higher filtration level. The tightly sealed bags trap dust and allergen inside, keeping you safe from allergy-causing airborne particles. A bagged vacuum requires less maintenance. You don’t need to frequently clean the filters since it comes along with the bags.
- The cost of the replacement bags is one of the downsides of having a bagged vacuum. Some brands of replacement bags cost higher. Thus, you need to shell out a hefty amount for the replacements alone.
- It is also a problem to find the replacement bag, especially if your machine is already outdated.
- When the bag becomes full, the suction power of your vacuum cleaner decreases. On top of that, you will do a lot of guessing since you cannot tell when the bag is already full.
- Lastly, this type of vacuum is not eco-friendly since you tend to contribute to a lot of garbage and pollution.
- This type of vac is the latest and the most advanced vacuum cleaner on the market.
- It is cost-efficient and economical since it does not need replacement bags, so you can save a lot of money.
- You can empty and use the dust bin or cup for as long as your vac is useable.
- There is no guessing with this machine as it comes with a transparent dust bin. It allows you to see through the container and know when the cup is full and needs emptying.
- Unlike its bagged counterpart, this vac is more eco-friendly. You don’t contribute garbage to the environment since there are no bags to throw at the dumpster.
- Even though bagless vacuums are excellent, but they are not suitable for everyone.
- Despite multiple filters, it is no guarantee that you are safe from dust and allergens when you empty the bin. Dust and other airborne particles tend to escape into the air as you empty out its contents.
- Besides, when you unload the container, it gets your hands messy and exposes it to contaminants and bacteria.
- It is a time-consuming machine. You need to empty, clean, and dry the bin before using the vac again.
Canister or Upright Vacuum
Vacuum cleaners have been around for a very long time. However, with the advent of technology, more and more people are using the most modern and most advanced canister vacuums.
- This is the most conventional kind of vacuum. It comes with the motor and the powerhead at the front of the user.
- It is ideal for the elderly or people suffering from back pain since it does not require bending over.
- Typically, this vac includes a broader cleaning path that speeds up your cleaning task.
- This vacuum offers a long power cord, which gives you more freedom to move around.
- It includes a large dust cup capacity to minimize emptying gaps between the cleaning tasks.
- It delivers an automatic height adjustment to quickly adjust to various types of flooring.
- Unlike its canister counterpart, this machine can easily fit into corners and closets, making storage a lot easier.
- Despite being useful and efficient in cleaning carpets as well as hard floors, an upright vacuum also has its own downfall. Most upright vacs do not use sound insulation, so there is nothing to suppress the sound of the engine, making it a lot noisier than the canisters.
- Because of its design and build, an upright is heavier and difficult to carry or maneuver, especially for staircases.
- The big rectangular brush heads make it difficult to reach corners and small nooks.
- The canister vacuum is a versatile and most advanced cleaning machine.
- It is a flexible, versatile device. It allows you to detach its head and hose from the body for clean hard-to-reach spaces.
- This machine delivers improved suction power and enhanced airflow, making it faster and more efficient in cleaning bare floors.
- Unlike the traditional upright vacs, this machine is lightweight and portable. This way, cleaning a high flight of stairs is not much of a hassle.
- It offers an adjustable wand allowing you to reach tight corners, ceilings, drapes, or hard-to-reach areas.
- This device comes with a retractable cord reel for more comfort and cleaning convenience.
- Unlike upright vacuums, this machine comes with attachments and accessories. As a result, storage becomes somewhat more difficult.
- Every time you use it, you need to assemble and attach its accessories. This assembly sometimes delays the cleaning tasks.
- At times, the wheels of a canister can get stuck on carpets and power cords.
- This machine requires you to bend over, especially when cleaning under furniture and appliances.
- Since you need to bend over every time you change settings or access control, it is not ideal for those who are suffering from back pain.
- You may have to drag it along with you, which sometimes leave scratch marks on your hardwood.